Interview with Dora from Fashion Painted Dreams


     Do you remember our post from a few months ago when we introduced you to Mariann from Cashmere In Style? We decided to make more interviews with our fave bloggers, this time with Dora from Fashion Painted Dreams, she is a Romanian blogger based in Germany. Unfortunately, we didn't have the opportunity to meet her in person, but there's always hope! Enjoy the interview!

1. When did your interest in fashion begin and what made you want to start a style blog?
2. Have you always had a spot in your heart for fashion? 

It's funny but I've actually had this huge passion for fashion and everything beautiful for as long as I can remember. I started to draw fashion sketches at an early age and loved to play dress-up with my friends in our mom's clothes. I've always believed that you need to try and do what you're passionate about, so starting a fashion blog just came naturally, as a great way to express my creative side.

3. Describe your style. Has it evolved since you began your blog? 

It definitely evolved! I like to mix and match a lot and try to incorporate new shapes and pieces into my wardrobe regularly. And even though I like to keep things pretty classic as it's timeless, I always try to give my outfits a modern twist by devoting more attention to the details. For example, I prefer pairing a plain or a printed basic tee to a classic pencil skirt, instead of a shirt. It's a lot more contemporary and refreshing.



4. What things or places inspire you?

 It varies a lot and I'm constantly seeking new delights to inspire me. It can be an old Hollywood movie, a mesmerizing runway collection or a chic girl I saw on the street. I also gather my inspiration from editorials, fashion portals or street style blogs.


5. Do you have any style icons?

I wouldn't exactly name them my personal style icons as I don't believe in such idioms, but I do admire Cate Blanchett's, Nicole Richie's, Marion Cottilard's or Emma Stone's fashion sense.

6. What spring/summer pieces or trends are you most excited to wear?
Emerald green! I simply love this precious color! A fancy maxi dress in this beautiful shade is on top of my summer wishlist.


7. Is there a store or designer that you feel best embodies your personal style? 
Frida Giannini, the creative director at Gucci! She's a queen of elegance and glamour, her designs being exquisite and luxurious yet wearable and unfussy. Her design philosophy seems to match my personality like a glove.


8. What five essentials should every girl have in her wardrobe? 

A black, sleek blazer; a pair of flattering dark wash jeans; a classic Leather jacket; nude stilettos; jersey tops in various colors.

9. Do you have a signature scent or shade of lipstick? 
Yes I do! Insolance by Guerlain is my all time favorite perfume and Chili by MAC is my signature lippy.

10. What websites and blogs do you read daily?


 Style.com, Vogue.uk, Harper's Bazaar, The Coveteur, Stockholm Streetstyle, The Sartorialist, Columbine Smille, Angelica Blick.


11. What are your favorite designers and where do you usually shop?

Oh, there are so many great designers that never cease to amaze me! But to name just a few right now, I would say Isabel Marant, Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney, Chloe, Jil Sander, Gucci, Ermanno Scervino, Derek Lam and Miu Miu.
As for the high street labels, I remain faithful to the old trusty Zara, H&M, Cos and Mango.



Thanks for reading! Have a nice day!


XOXO,

Kinga & Saci











You May Also Like

27 comments

  1. Beautiful pictures!

    xx Oksana
    www.makeupbyoksana.blogspot.com [new post]

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Great interview girls!
    kisses

    http://visiononfashion.blogspot.ro/

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. tare imi place mie bloggerita asta!


    http://vladasworld.blogspot.com/

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. Nice, mai aflam despre cate unii, altii.. respectiv altele :)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. Nice Review Dear.. Keep Blogging ^^

    Kisses from Indonesia
    http://intantyapranandini.blogspot.com/

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  6. Va multumesc, dragele mele, a iesit f bine!
    Sper sa mai avem ocazia sa colaboram impreuna!

    O saptamana frumoasa sa aveti!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  7. Foarte frumos articolul, fetelor! Si mie imi place enorm de Dora, este mereu o placere sa ii vad pastarile!

    Va pup si mai asteptam genul asta de articole!
    Julie
    The Lovely Darlings

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  8. Imi place de Dora la nebunie! E mereu atat de aranjata, parca ar sta zilnic in coafor! :)
    Ii urmaresc blogul cu mare placere!♥

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  9. All of these looks are FAB! I can't chose a favorite! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  10. she seems to be great person + the inteview is fantastic! :)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  11. Great interview! she has a lot of style! I like it very much her outfits, are so cool! xoxo

    http://breakfastwithpinkdiamonds.blogspot.com.es/

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  12. Love all the loos here!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  13. Great post! I never heard of her! She have a lovely style!

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  14. ke precioso tu look estas muy mona me gustaria te pasaras por mi blog aber si te gusta http://dolcevirginia.blogspot.com .es

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  15. She is fabulous! Such incredible style!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  16. Waaaaoooo, she has an amazing sense of style!!! Thank you for doing this great interview, I'm going to check her out right now!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  17. is that you
    wow cool
    follow me http://berlykonde.blogspot.com/

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  18. Nice interview :-)


    xxx
    M.

    Butterflyeffectbymarina.blogspot.com

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  19. foarte frumos articolul, pupici
    http://loving-evelyn.blogspot.ro

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  20. Perfect style and eautiful girl!
    xoxoxo

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  21. amazing summary pics, you look so elegant and cool

    www.lessismoreblog.com

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  22. she has great style and her pictures are amazing, great interview.

    carol
    http://fashion-bells.blogspot.co.uk

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  23. She is so beautiful and I love her style. Great interview!

    http://thefashioness.com/

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  24. Hi there I located your blog by mistake when i was searching AOL for this subject, I must tell you your blog is definitely helpful I also like the design, its cool! All About Justin Bieber

    RăspundețiȘtergere